What's Hot, What's Not on Googles Top Results

Thursday, March 18, 2010


What are the hottest items, events, or topics right now? Google knows. So out of sheer curiosity and just for the fun of it, I thought I would see what comes up on top in the Google Search box when I entered each letter of the alphabet one-at-a-time. Here are the results:

a - amazon
b - best buy
c – craigslist (I love CraigsList!)
d – dictionary
e – ebay
f – facebook
g – gmail
h – hotmail
i – imdb
j – jet blue
k – kohls
l – lowes
m – myspace
n – netflix
o – office depot
p – Pandora
q – quotes
r – realtor.com
s – southwest airlines
t – target (but Tiger Woods came in a close second!)
u – usps
v – verizon wireless
w – walmart
x – xbox 360 (not a lot of competition for “x”)
y – youtube
z - zillow

Holy cow! Am I mistaken, or aren’t we in a recession? Most of these search results are for retail stores. And what the heck is imdb and zillow? I guess I’ll go back to Google Search and find out!

Folks, this is the world we live in today. But tomorrow, these results might change. Let’s face it, Google knows all and if your business is at the top of their list, it’s most likely at the top of the retail market as well!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Joanne Olivieri March 19, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

I guess we aren't in a recession :D I don't know what zillow is either but like you I love Craigslist. I buy and sell on there all the time.

Unknown March 20, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Hi Carol, I like your blog. I decided to try the Google search with each letter as you did. About 75% of the responses were the same as yours. But many were very different, with the ansnwer you got several lines below. I noticed that some were items I had recently searched for myself.
Zillo is a national home valuation company. Enter your address and they will tell you the current approximent value of your home. Be prepared for a big surprise.
Al Petty

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP