Sorry, Gotta Go (literally!)

Tuesday, March 30, 2010


Out of shear curiosity and the fact I nearly pottied my britches yesterday waiting in a line for the bathroom, I just had to try and find out why it is as we get closer to the bathroom, our urge to go gets stronger? I hadn’t waited until the “last moment” to go to the bathroom, I went only because I knew there wouldn’t be another opportunity for a while. But as I waited in the line for an open stall, I nearly had an accident. Of course it gets much worse when I’m in the stall prepping myself to sit and go.

So I went online and tried to find a medical explanation for this. My first problem was, what do I Google? So I put in “Why do I have to pee more when I get closer to a bathroom?” Here’s what I learned first; folks, don’t allow your children to Google strange things out of the blue! Wow, there is some weird information out there I can’t imagine anyone really needs to know! After several attempts at moving and changing the wording of my search, I eventually found this (and not exactly the medical answer I was hoping for, but all I could find):

The question was posted on Askville; "Why do people need to go to the bathroom when they get close to home or right when they open the door, rush to pee?"

Answers posted:

“(I had a long answer and it just vanished, this sucks, so here is a much shorter version)

I think a lot of it is from excitement and anticipation of being home or to the special place. I know that is the case with my boys, and then throw in a Small Bladder and look out. Thank god for Pampers size 7 and the new Under jams.

Also the fact that as we get home from a trip we start to relax and when you pull in that driveway you do relax and when that happens and the muscles around the bladder start to relax, look out!!!”


About the best answer I found, and still not exactly what I hoped for was:

“As for myself, I seem to "suffer" that the closer I get to the restroom, similar to a nursing "let down" if you will. I think we program ourselves that way, much like Pavlov's dog who when a bell was rang started salivating in anticipation of food.”

That’s it. If anyone knows the medical reason, please let me know. Gotta go now! LOL!

Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Joanne Olivieri March 31, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

It's all in the anticipation of knowing we are so close. Happens to me all the time.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP