Saturday, March 20, 2010
Why is it that we have such a hard time understanding men, and in all fairness, them understanding us? I know the reason and I’m going to share it with you! But not so fast…to first educate you men, here are the real definitions of words we woman use:
1. Fine - I am right. This argument is over. You need to shut up.
2. That's Okay - One of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. "That's okay" means she wants to think hard and long before deciding when and how you'll pay for your mistake.
3. Nothing - The calm before the storm. This means "Something" and you better be on your toes. Note: Arguments that start with "Nothing" usually end with "Fine" (See #1).
4. Five Minutes - If getting dressed, this means half an hour. (Don't be mad about this. It's the same definition for you when it's your turn to do some chores around the house.)
5. Thanks - A woman is thanking you. Do not question this or faint. Just say, "You're welcome," and let it go.
6. Loud Sigh - Not actually a word but rather a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. It means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is standing here wasting her time arguing with you about "Nothing." (See #3)
7. Go Ahead - This is a dare, not permission. (Don't Do It!)
8. Don't worry about it, I got it - The second most dangerous statement a woman can make. It means that a woman has asked a man several times to do something and is now doing it herself. (This will result in you asking at a later date, "What's wrong?" For the woman's response, see #3.)
Okay, so why is it so hard for us gals and guys to understand each other (although I think that list made things pretty clear to the men)? It is because we woman think with our hearts and emotions. Men, on the other hand, see the world in black and white. If you tell a man something and assume he’ll “get” the meaning of what you’re saying or he “should” understand what you mean or want, I have news for you, he probably won’t! Be clear girls and spell it out. Your man wants you to be happy and he knows that’s in his best interest! So tell him word for word, clear as day, and to the point what it is you need or want from him. Now watch your relationship smooth out!
Now guys, for your future safety, remember this final thought, “women always have the last word in an argument. Anything a man adds after that is the beginning of a new argument.”
Word list courtesy of http://www.jokesclean.com