Michael J Fox - My New Hero!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010


While reading an interview with Michael J. Fox in the May issue of Reader’s Digest, I think I may have found my new favorite quote; check it out:

“Don’t spend a lot of time imagining the worst-case scenario. It rarely goes down as you imagine it will, and if by some fluke it does, you will have lived it twice.” Michael J. Fox

Is this for real? Did he really come up with this? I think I love this guy! This little quote, found by pure accident, could possibly change my life (and yours). I realize for every time someone says, “Don’t worry” they are basically intending the same message. But this is different. Here’s the story.

I’ve recently had this growing pain in my abdominal area. Of course I went to the doc and had some tests. Imaging showed the doc, not me, a mass in my abdomen (I will not get too specific, ahh!). After describing it to me, his following words to me were, “I don’t know what to make of this.” Of course on the outside, my demeanor showed a capable and calm lady waiting patiently for my physicians’ follow-up recommendation. A little different feeling on the inside; “Excuse me? You’re a doctor! What the hell do you mean you don’t know what to make of it???”

So off I go into nearly two weeks of “the waiting game.” And guess what happened when I finally went to the recommended Physician who might know what this is? You got it! It is of course, nothing to worry about. At least not worry to the point of losing sleep or drifting off into panic land. So basically, I lived a nightmare when I should have been living my wonderful life. Another small life lesson learned. Thank you Michael J. Fox, you’re two weeks too late this time, but I will never forget your words!Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Unknown May 12, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

I'm afraid we are all inclined to act in this way, only human nature. Michael J. Fox probably reacted with panic to begin with, but having learned so much, can now pass on that learning to others...

Vicki Rocho May 13, 2010 at 4:14 PM  

He speaks the truth! I never happens as you think it will!

Nikki - Notes of Life May 19, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

Having read Michael J. Fox's 2 autobiographies, I can highly recommend them. Despite what he's been through and what he'll go through in the future, the man is a tower of strength and optimism.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP